£11.28 Per Hour
Come and join our team of fantastic Night Staff. The Saplings is currently recruiting for a Waking Night Support Worker supporting five gentlemen with Learning Disabilities and Autism.
Waking Night Support Workers to work as part of a team of two, so you will be well supported by colleagues in the role, and do not need prior experience in health or social care roles.
Things Waking Night Support Workers will be involved with include:
- Catching up about your day
- Supporting people to bed and usually making a bedtime hot chocolate or two
- During the night you will be expected to undertake household tasks such as laundry & cleaning
- You will need to undertake regular night time checks on the people we support.
Discovery offer an in-depth induction and training. You will also receive on-shift training and support within the service. You will be expected to be available for day time shifts during your first induction weeks to build relationships with the people we support and to complete mandatory training . Discovery will fund and support you to obtain your Care Certificate (a recognised qualification in Care); and can offer further career development opportunities including Apprenticeships and NVQ qualifications. After successful completion of your probationary period - Discovery will fund driving lessons for you to obtain your full driving licence.
Why join us?
- £11.28 per hour (nights),
- Overtime and additional hours are available within the local area for those seeking full time positions.
- Career development opportunities
- Funded driving lessons after completion of probation period
- 30 days annual leave (including bank holidays).
- A 24 Hour Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family members.
- Long Service Awards, Life Assurance and Pension scheme.
- Great Induction and training opportunities including the Care Certificate, and Diploma in Health & Social Care.
We want the people we support to have fulfilling lives and we want our colleagues to have great careers with us. If you would like to be a part of our team and feel that your values match ours, please apply by clicking the button below.
This role requires an enhanced DBS Disclosure, which will be obtained for you by Discovery.
Discovery is an equal opportunities employer that values diversity and is strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment. Discovery are Disability Confident Committed and we guarantee to interview all applicants who let us know they have a disability and meet the minimum essential criteria for this role. Discovery has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees. As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in our offices using assistive technology.