£18,000 Per Annum
We’re all here to make a positive difference to people with learning disabilities and/or autism in Somerset.
The Supported Employment Co-ordinator role based across Somerset undertakes to manage a case load determined by the Supported Employment Manager, this may be a mix of different contracts and funding streams. It is essential to be a drive with access to a vehicle for work for this role.
You will need to work confidently alone and in a variety of settings with people who have a learning disability and or autism, their circle of support, and potential and existing employers. Being able to problem solve and communicate effectively are therefore vital.
Must be I.T proficient as all records are managed electronically, be able to travel and work flexibly to meet customer’s needs, and work remotely. You will be part of a team that meets regularly and time for support from colleagues and the manager.
The Employment Co-ordinator role:
- To hold and manage a caseload, that will be allocated by the Supported Employment Manager
- To work with people who have a learning disability and or autism, their families and circle of support to identify their employment and career options.
- To understand each person’s interests, preferences, abilities and support needs and to facilitate and co-ordinate the person-centred employment planning process.
- Develop individually tailored pathways into employment.
- To be the key point of contact over the telephone, through email and in writing for the customer and their circle of support
- Develop and maintain good relationships with employers, promoting the benefits of employing customers we are working with by demonstrating the values of discovery and supported employment.
- Work with employers and customer using job coaching and identifying longer term strategies to ensure sustained employment.
- Complete timely reviews and respond quickly to requests of support from the Customer, employer or family / circle of support to ensure that the pathway to employment is successful.
- To work on specific projects that may involve working in partnership with others, as directed by the Supported Employment Manager.
- To work collaboratively with partner organisations, schools, colleges and employers promoting Discovery’s values and objectives
- To have an awareness of the key performance indicators and service targets that the team are working towards.
- To ensure data is captured and recorded in the most effective way and in line with processes and legislation.
- To work within the policies and procedures of Discovery including Health and Safety, Lone Working, Data Protection and Confidentiality.
- To follow the core values of Supported Employment
Experience ofworking with individuals with learning disabilities and autism as well as an understanding of supported employment core values is essential for this role. Please refer to the Job Description for further information.
Why join us?
Discovery are committed to developing skills and rewarding our staff. We offer:
- A salary of £18,000 per annum (based on 37.5 hrs per week)
- 30 days’ annual leave entitlement (including bank holidays)
- Access to discounts on high street shopping, cinema tickets and meals out
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Supported ‘Learn to Drive’ scheme (up to 10 driving lessons paid for by us)
- Pension scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Life Assurance
Who we are
Discovery exists to help each person we support to live a fulfilling life, to be equal in society and to be active in his or her local community. That’s a big deal. It means being able to have choice and control in life. It means choosing to go out or to stay in, making friends and having relationships, finding and developing skills and interests. It also means managing a home, voting, staying healthy and being able to pursue employment or volunteering opportunities. If you think you can help the people we support get more from life, in a direct support or office based role, we want to hear from you.
So if you would like to be a part of our team and if you feel that your values match ours, please apply by clicking the button below - upload your CV and we will be in touch. You could soon be making a positive difference every day.
If you want more information or just an informal chat about Discovery and the roles we have available – please contact our friendly Resourcing Team on 0300303 9202 or drop us an email firstname.lastname@example.org
This role requires an enhanced DBS Disclosure, which will be obtained for you by Discovery.
Discovery is an equal opportunities employer that values diversity and is strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment. Discovery are Disability Confident Committed and we guarantee to interview all applicants who let us know they have a disability and meet the minimum essential criteria for this role. Discovery has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees. As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in our offices using assistive technology.