£11.28 Per Hour
Hourly rate - £11.28 per hour
Hours - 10pm until 7am
This is a part time opportunity of two or three nights a week
Spring View is a home in Yeovil where Discovery support adults with Learning Disabilities and Autism. The people we support are looking for a Waking Night Support Worker to join the team to ensure they sleep within a safe environment.
You will be working with 1 or 2 other Waking Night Support Workers, supporting the people we support with personal care, keeping safe checks, keeping a clean and sanitary environment carrying out regular health & safety checks among other compliance tasks.
You will be responsible for acting in any emergency situations such as fire evacuations with the support of our on-call manager during times of emergencies should you need it.
The role may involve tasks such as:
- Carrying out “keeping safe checks” at regular intervals to ensure the people we support are safe and comfortable.
- Ensure that the environment is clean and sanitary.
- You will keep written records, using IT systems as required to help you including support plans, incident log and health and safety records.
- Creating a calm therapeutic environment for the people we support.
- Supporting people to make the most of their late evenings / nights when they wish to
- Provide personal care when required.
Discovery is proud to be one of very few social care organisations that are accredited by the Great Places To Work programme 2022.
We are passionate about investing in your training and career development. Our training covers essential skills and knowledge to provide support in line with the Care Certificate.
Alongside our generous benefits package, we give you:
- Training Programme including Care Certificate - delivered by Skills for Care endorsed ‘’Centre of Excellence’’
- Hight Street discount scheme
- Career development opportunities with access to our award winning Aspire programme
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme with a 24/7 helpline for advise
- Employee wellbeing strategy and listening network promoting mental health support.
- Support to take part and complete any personal qualifications while at work providing it does not interfere with your duties.
A full list of rewards can be found in the job description attached.
We want the people we support to have fulfilling lives and we want our colleagues to have great careers with us. If you would like to be a part of our team and feel that your values match ours, please apply by clicking the button below. Before you know it you could be making a positive difference every day.
This role requires an enhanced DBS Disclosure, which will be obtained for you by Discovery.
Discovery is an equal opportunities employer that values diversity and is strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment. Discovery are Disability Confident Committed and we guarantee to interview all applicants who let us know they have a disability and meet the minimum essential criteria for this role. Discovery has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees. As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application . Please contact the Resourcing Consultant Team on 03003039150 or email email@example.com