£21,899 Per Annum
We are currently recruiting for Support Workers to join our friendly and welcoming team at Abbey in Yeovil.
At Abbey we support up to five people with learning abilities and autism who receive complex behavioural and communication support. Each person we support communicates in their own unique way, using signs, body language and certain phrases to get their point across. A lot of our support is delivered on a one to one individualised basis, but there will be times where the people we support will get together and go out for an activity as a bigger group.
Each one of our colleagues at Abbey has a certain X Factor personality and that really shows in how welcoming, supportive and friendly they all are. If you would like to be a part of this team please consider applying today!
Why join us?
- An annual salary of £21,899 when you work a full time contract plus one overtime shift each week.
- 30 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Travel allowance for some services – discussed at interview if applicable.
- Supported ‘Learn to Drive’ scheme (up to 30 driving lessons, 1 theory/practical test - all paid for by us)
- A 24 Hour Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family members.
- Long Service Awards, Life Assurance and Pension scheme
- Great Induction and training opportunities including the Care Certificate, and Diploma in Health & Social Care.
Please note: To minimise the risks relating to Covid-19, we have decided to conduct all of our initial interviews for the foreseeable future as Telephone/Video Interviews, rather than face-to-face. If you have any queries or questions about this, please call us on 0300 303 9202 and we will be happy to advise and provided reasonable adjustments if required.
This role requires an enhanced DBS Disclosure, which will be obtained for you by Discovery.
Discovery is an equal opportunities employer that values diversity and is strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment. Discovery are Disability Confident Committed and we guarantee to interview all applicants who let us know they have a disability and meet the minimum essential criteria for this role. Discovery has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees. As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in our offices using assistive technology.
Other organisations may call this role Community Support Worker, Residential Support Worker, Care Worker, Care Assistant, Social Care Worker, Social Care Assistant or, Bank HCA, Healthcare Assistant or Carer.