£11.67 Per Hour
Looking for a new career this year?
Support Worker Role
Full and Part time available
Pay rate: £11.67 per hour
Shift Patterns: These can vary throughout the week, there is some flexibility but there is an expectation that you will be available to work sleep ins.
For example - 7am - 2:30pm / 8am - 3:30pm / 9am - 4:30pm / 2:20 - 10pm / 9am - 3pm / 4pm - 9pm - Plus alternate weekends.
" As a parent, who's daughter has special needs, I would encourage you to apply to work with us in the adult social care sector. You would quickly get to know the character of the people you will care for and learn their individual needs. You would together enjoy shopping, going for walks, outings, swimming and supporting holidays. Also, home visits and helping them to keep in contact with their families. For a compassionate and people loving person this post will bring satisfaction and personal reward."
We are located near the local St Peters hospital and a 20 minute walk into town!
At Discovery, We focus on the ambitions of the people we support and we're looking for someone who wants to work with us to help them to achieve their goals and dreams! Could this be you?
As a Support Worker, you will be involved in supporting people with exciting activities such as swimming, bowling and cinema and access the community visiting local places of interest and enjoying lunches out at various venues. Our families and friends play a big part in our lives so we also require support with maintaining those relationships. We support 6 people here with daily living, which includes support with personal care, meal preparation and supporting with medication.
- Support with shopping for things they wish to buy, including clothes and food
- Supporting with their emotional and mental health needs
- Support to manage their own money
- Help, encourage, support to do their housework, including cleaning, laundry and meal preperation
- Support with medication
- Keep written records, using IT systems to update support plans, financial info and health and safety records?
For further information, please contact Sandra - 07944636389
Benefits for Support Workers working with Discovery include:
- 30 days paid Annual Leave (including public holidays – pro rata)
- Opportunities for career progression
- High Street Discounts – Retail and Entertainment (supermarkets, hospitality, pubs, cinema etc.) which could be worth up to £1200
- Life Assurance and Company Pension
- Industry leading, award winning, training
- Enhanced DBS paid for by us
- We offer a salary advance scheme where you can access up to 50% of the money you’ve earned before payday.
We want the people we support to have fulfilling lives and we want our colleagues to have great careers with us.
This role requires an enhanced DBS Disclosure, which will be obtained for you by Discovery.
Discovery is an equal opportunities employer that values diversity and is strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment. Discovery are Disability Confident Committed and we guarantee to interview all applicants who let us know they have a disability and meet the minimum essential criteria for this role. Discovery has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees. As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in our offices using assistive technology.
Other organisations may call this role Community Support Worker, Residential Support Worker, Care Worker, Care Assistant, Social Care Worker, Social Care Assistant or, Bank HCA, Healthcare Assistant or Carer.