£11.67 Per Hour
“I work with lovely people. It’s my first time in care I do love it. I love to see how I can make their quality of lives better and if at the start or end of the shift I get a smile that is so lovely.” - From a current Support Worker
Discovery are looking for Support Workers in Taunton to enhance the lives of the people we support, promoting their independence and bringing some extra fun and laughter to their lives.
We have so many different activities going on but there is always room for more! Our ladies love a good pamper, they enjoy getting their hair and nails done, love an evening relaxing with the foot spa and going out for coffee with family.
Our gents don’t like to miss out either! Getting out and about for coffee and cake, going to the pub for the afternoon and the disco in an evening! Maybe even a little kick about in the garden.
Alongside these activities you will also be encouraging independence and supporting with personal care, cooking, finances and making sure their home is always sparkling.
You don’t have to have worked within a Social Care role previously, if you have the values we are looking for and the passion to make someone’s day then that’s all you need!
Benefits for Support Workers working with Discovery include:
- £11.67 per hour
- Flexible shift patterns to suit your needs
- 30 days paid Annual Leave (including public holidays – pro rata for part time)
- Opportunities for career progression
- High Street Discounts – Retail and Entertainment (supermarkets, hospitality, pubs, cinema etc.)
- Life Assurance and Company Pension
- Supported ‘Learn to Drive’ scheme (up to 30 driving lessons, 1 theory/practical test - all paid for by us)
- Industry leading training
- Enhanced DBS paid for by us
- We offer a salary advance scheme where you can access up to 50% of the money you've earned before payday
Discovery is a values-based employer, when looking for candidates:
- We do not need you to have prior experience as full training is given
- We want you to be happy to work within our values of ambition, courage, integrity, partnership and respect
- We know that you make a real difference to the lives of the people we support and their loved ones.
Discovery is about people. We are ambitious for the people we support and our colleagues. We want the people we support to have fulfilling lives and we want our colleagues to have great careers with us.
This role requires an enhanced DBS Disclosure, which will be obtained for you by Discovery.
Discovery is an equal opportunities employer that values diversity and is strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment. Discovery are Disability Confident Committed and we guarantee to interview all applicants who let us know they have a disability and meet the minimum essential criteria for this role.