£11.67 Per Hour
£11.67 per hour
Part time positions available (8 - 30 hours per week)
Do you like Cooking, Music and reality TV? How about solving Quizzes and playing Ludo? Are you creative and like making decorations at different holiday periods? If yes, then we have got the job for you!
Here at The Beeches/Dom Care, we look at supporting people to live the best life possible. This means small things like solving a quiz from our residential quiz master or helping achieve their dream of a trip to Disney-Land Florida.
Support workers are the foundation of the support that we provide and we ask our colleagues to adhere to our values of Courage, Ambition, Integrity, Partnership & Respect. If you think you’ve got those values, we will teach you everything you need to know with full training provided!
Want to know how the team feel? They said this about the management:
“Our manager always puts us at the forefront of their mind. As a team we always look out for each other and through a very tough couple years, we have built bonds that will last a life time.”
A family member said “The level of support the team have provided for my son is amazing, we were not sure if he would ever be able to live independently but with the help of the staff at The Beeches, He is thriving”.
Key everyday tasks:
- Support with shopping for things they wish to buy, including clothes and food.
- We offer a salary advance scheme where you can access up to 50% of the money you've earned before payday.
- Support to manage their own money.
- Support with medication.
- Support to go out and attend activities, meet up with friends and build new relationships.
- Help, encourage and support to do their housework including cleaning and laundry.
- Keep written records, using IT systems to update support plans, financial info and health and safety records.
Shift Patterns: These can vary throughout the week and can be flexible.
For example - 7am - 2:30pm / 8am - 3:30pm / 9am - 4:30pm / 2:30 - 10pm / 9am - 3pm / 4pm - 9pm - Plus alternate weekends.
For further information, please call Tia - 03003039150
Why join us?
- 30 days annual leave pro-rata (including bank holidays).
- A 24 Hour Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family members.
- Blue light card & High Street Store discounts.
- Long Service Awards, Life Assurance and Pension scheme.
- Great Induction and training opportunities including the Care Certificate, and Diploma in Health & Social Care.
- Plus much, much more....
We want the people we support to have fulfilled lives and we want our colleagues to have great careers with us.
This role requires an enhanced DBS Disclosure, which will be obtained for you by Discovery.
Discovery is an equal opportunities employer that values diversity and is strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment. Discovery are Disability Confident Committed and we guarantee to interview all applicants who let us know they have a disability and meet the minimum essential criteria for this role. Discovery has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees. As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in our offices using assistive technology.
Other organisations may call this role Community Support Worker, Residential Support Worker, Care Worker, Care Assistant, Social Care Worker, Social Care Assistant or, Bank HCA, Healthcare Assistant or Carer.