£11.03 Per Hour
Are you a motivated and friendly person who is looking for your next exciting and rewarding role?
We are currently looking for Support Workers to join our team in Crewkerne, who support one lady who lives on her own. Maggie is looking for someone who will build up her confidence, get out and about with her to enjoy new activities, pop to the local coffee shop and go shopping for clothes!!
Other things that Maggie enjoys are:
- Listening to records and having a little dance around the house,
- Evenings out at the Theatre and music events,
- A little dip in the Hydro Pool,
- And not forgetting a chippy treat on the weekend with a little glass of Sherry! (or 2)
Alongside these activities your role will be to ensure Maggie feels safe and comfortable, promoting her independence and supporting with her everyday needs, this will include, personal care, cooking, cleaning and food shopping, amung other things.
Discovery exists to help each person we support to live a fulfilling life, to be equal in society and to be active in his or her local community. That’s a big deal. It means being able to have choice and control in life. It means choosing to go out or to stay in, making friends and having relationships, finding and developing skills and interests. It also means managing a home, voting, staying healthy and being able to pursue employment or volunteering opportunities. If you think you can help the people we support get more from life, we want to hear from you.
Discovery is proud to be one of the very few social care organisations that are members of the Great Places To Work programme 2021 and 2022.
Applications will be shortlisted on receipt and interviews will be held until the posts are filled
Why join us?
- Full-time or part-time contracts available
- £11.03 per hour ‘further pay award pending’
- 30 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Supported ‘Learn to Drive’ scheme (up to 30 driving lessons, 1 theory/practical test - all paid for by us)
- We offer a salary advance scheme where you can access up to 50% of the money you've earned before payday.
- A 24 Hour Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family members.
- Life Assurance and Pension scheme
- Great Induction and training opportunities including the Care Certificate, and Diploma in Health & Social Care.
We want the people we support to have fulfilling lives and we want our colleagues to have great careers with us. If you would like to be a part of our team and feel that your values match ours, please apply by clicking the button below, or contact the Internal Resourcing Consutlant team 0300 303 9150 or drop us an email at email@example.com for an informal conversation about the role. Before you know it you could be making a positive difference every day.
This role requires an enhanced DBS Disclosure, which will be obtained for you by Discovery.
Discovery is an equal opportunities employer that values diversity and is strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment. Discovery are Disability Confident Committed and we guarantee to interview all applicants who let us know they have a disability and meet the minimum essential criteria for this role. Discovery has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees. As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application . Please contact the Resourcing Consultant Team on 03003039150 or email firstname.lastname@example.org