£11.28 Per Hour
Here at Discovery, we are looking for Support Workers to join the team in Chard. Working at our large Supported Living Home, which is divided into 5 flats, you will enhance the quality of life of the people who live there by empowering their independence. Discovery Support Workers do not need prior experience in Health Care Assistant or Social Care roles as full training is given.
Both full and part time roles are currently available
Benefits for Support Workers working with Discovery include:
- 30 days paid Annual Leave (including public holidays – pro rata)
- Opportunities for career progression
- High Street Discounts – Retail and Entertainment (supermarkets, hospitality, pubs, cinema etc.)
- Life Assurance and Company Pension
- Industry leading training
- Enhanced DBS paid for by us
As a Support Worker no two days are the same as we encourage the people we support, to live the most independent life they can and help them make informed choices.
Activities Support Workers may be involved with include:
- Supporting routine - H loves structure with plenty of coffee and Mars Bars involved!
- Helping to build relationships such as the close bond H has with her Mum
- Playing in the garden with B
- Day trips into the community
- Enabling independence by assisting with day-to-day tasks (this may include – but not be limited to – finances, shopping, cooking & personal care)
Discovery is a values-based employer, when looking for candidates:
- We do not need you to have prior experience as full training is given
- We want you to be happy to work within our values of ambition, courage, integrity, partnership and respect
- We know that you make a real difference to the lives of the people we support and their loved ones.
Discovery is about people. We are ambitious for the people we support and our colleagues. We want the people we support to have fulfilling lives and we want our colleagues to have great careers with us.
This role requires an enhanced DBS Disclosure, which will be obtained for you by Discovery.
Discovery is an equal opportunities employer that values diversity and is strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment. Discovery are Disability Confident Committed and we guarantee to interview all applicants who let us know they have a disability and meet the minimum essential criteria for this role. As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in our offices using assistive technology.