£34,750 Per Annum
Discovery is pleased to be seeking a Locality Manager to manage an existing Supported Living Home in Tauntontown centre. With an anticipated start date of July 2022, this is an exciting opportunity for a Locality Manager or Assistant Locality Manager to develop a home delivering in excess of 500 hours of support within a not-for-profit organisation that are at the forefront of the personalisation agenda and active support.
Discovery is pleased to offer a competitive package for this full-time (37.5 hour) role, including:
- A salary of £34,750 per annum
- 30 days’ annual leave entitlement (including bank holidays)
- Access to discounts on high street shopping, cinema tickets and meals out
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Life Assurance
As a Locality Manager you will:
- Ensure personalised support is delivered that reflects the needs, wishes and aspirations of the people we support in line with CQC Guidelines and Discovery' policies.
- Ensure person-centred care plans and health action plans are regularly reviewed and implemented.
- Deliver effective risk assessments and emergency plans to ensure the people we support are safe.
- Ensure your team are trained and motivated to provide high quality support.
- Ensure the service complies with CQC Guidelines and our own standards, policies and procedures.
- Accountable for the budget and finance for the locality.
- Support the organisation to grow the business.
- Develop local connections to allow people we support be involved and engaged within their community.
You want to make a difference to the lives of people we support with learning disabilities or autism. To do that, you’ll have:
- A background in working with adults with learning disabilities and/or autism.
- Up-to-date knowledge of the personalisation agenda and Active Support model.
- Completed, or keen to undertake, Management Development training.
You’ll also be:
- An excellent communicator.
- Able to prioritise your workload, delegate tasks and meet deadlines.
- Focused on the needs of internal and external customers.
Applications will be shortlisted on receipt and interviews will be held until the post is filled.
A full job description and person specification is available on request
Discovery exists to help each person we support to live a fulfilling life, to be equal in society and to be active in his or her local community. That’s a big deal. It means being able to have choice and control in life. It means choosing to go out or to stay in, making friends and having relationships, finding and developing skills and interests. It also means managing a home, voting, staying healthy and being able to pursue employment or volunteering opportunities. If you think you can help the people we support get more from life, we want to hear from you.
This role requires an enhanced DBS Disclosure, which will be obtained for you by Discovery.
Discovery is an equal opportunities employer that values diversity and is strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment. Discovery are Disability Confident Committed and we guarantee to interview all applicants who let us know they have a disability and meet the minimum essential criteria for this role. Discovery has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees. As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in our offices using assistive technology.