Office Based Roles
We’re all here to make a positive difference to people with learning disabilities and/or autism in Somerset.
The Locality Coordinator role will be home based supporting the teams and managers in Yeovil/Steet and Glastonbury area, this undertakes a pivotal role within Operations, supporting Locality Managers to ensure their services operate effectively and efficiently. In this role you will work for a number of Locality Managers, and will be required to organise your own time to ensure the key activities are completed in line with the needs of the services and people we support.
This role is to cover maternity leave until March 2021.
The Locality Coordinator role:
- Work with Locality Managers to ensure services are appropriately staffed, liaise with Resourcing colleagues with permanent and relief recruitment as well as booking agency workers for short-notice resource needs.
- Support the Locality Manager with a range of HR related activities including care certificate registrations, booking and coordination of interviews and coordination of training requirements.
- To approve leave requests and maintain an overall view of annual leave of colleagues within the localities.
- To have delegated responsibility for administration tasks, inputting service rotas and liaising with payroll and other functions, as necessary, to resolve any outstanding queries.
- Input onto our systems any complaints or compliments that are received, supporting the Locality Manager to ensure they are appropriately managed and concluded.
- In liaison with the Locality Manager, coordinate the organisation of multi-disciplinary team meetings in relation with the people supported within the locality.
Experience in working in an administrative role and having a keen eye for detail and an ability to work on your own initiative is essential for this role. Good organisational skills will also be important to ensure that managers and their localities are well supported. Please refer to the Job Description for further information.
Why join us?
Discovery are committed to developing skills and rewarding our staff. We offer:
- A salary of £17,000 per annum (based on 37.5 hrs per week)
- 30 days’ annual leave entitlement (including bank holidays)
- Access to discounts on high street shopping, cinema tickets and meals out
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Supported ‘Learn to Drive’ scheme (up to 10 driving lessons paid for by us)
- Pension scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Life Assurance
- Great Induction and training opportunities including Diploma in Health & Social Care.
Who we are
Discovery exists to help each person we support to live a fulfilling life, to be equal in society and to be active in his or her local community. That’s a big deal. It means being able to have choice and control in life. It means choosing to go out or to stay in, making friends and having relationships, finding and developing skills and interests. It also means managing a home, voting, staying healthy and being able to pursue employment or volunteering opportunities. If you think you can help the people we support get more from life, we want to hear from you.
So if you would like to be a part of our team and if you feel that your values match ours, please apply by clicking the button below - upload your CV and we will be in touch. You could soon be making a positive difference every day.
If you want more information or just an informal chat about Discovery and the roles we have available – please contact our friendly Resourcing Team on 0300303 9202 or drop us an email email@example.com
Discovery is an equal opportunities employer that values diversity and is strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment. Discovery are Disability Confident Committed and we guarantee to interview all applicants who let us know they have a disability and meet the minimum essential criteria for this role. Discovery has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees. As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in our offices using assistive technology.