£11.25 Per Hour
This is a Permanent Floating (Peripatetic) Support Worker role offering an increased rate of £10.50 per hour Burnham-on-sea & surrounding areas. Various contractual hours available.
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can make a difference to someone’s life every day? Floating Support Workers are the first point of call for covering shifts across the business. This is a great opportunity to join a responsive team where there is a focus on developing skillset to be able to respond to support needs across the business. This means every day is different and provides prospects for personal development.
Discovery exists to help each person we support to live a fulfilling life, to be equal in society and to be active in his or her local community. It means being able to have choice and control in life. If you think you can help the people we support get more from life, we want to hear from you.
Due to the geographical coverage, Ability to drive would be preferred but not essential.
Discovery is proud to be one of the very few social care organisations that are members of the Great Places To Work programme 2021.
As part of this role, you will;
- Helping adults with learning disabilities and/or autism to learn the skills they need to live the life they choose
- Support with shopping, housework including cleaning and laundry
- Supporting with medication and personal care
- Supporting and encouraging people to find opportunities in education, employment and leisure, and enable them to take part in these opportunities
- Continuously upskilling to ensure you can meet the needs of the business
Why join us?
- Full-time or Part-time Contracts available, with overtime. Flexible working
- £11.25 per hour days and nights £30.50 per sleep in.
- Mileage pay
- 30 days annual leave pro-rata (including bank holidays)
- A 24 Hour Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family members.
- Long Service Awards, Life Assurance and Pension scheme
- Great Induction and training opportunities including the Care Certificate, and Diploma in Health & Social Care.
If you would like to be a part of our team and feel that your values match ours, please apply by clicking the button below, or contact Tia on 0300 303 9150 or drop us an email at email@example.com
This role requires an enhanced DBS Disclosure, which will be obtained for you by Discovery.
Discovery is an equal opportunities employer that values diversity and is strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment. Discovery are Disability Confident Committed and we guarantee to interview all applicants who let us know they have a disability and meet the minimum essential criteria for this role.
Applications will be shortlisted on receipt and interviews will be held until the posts are filled.