£11.03 Per Hour
Have you ever considered a role in care?
Why not join Discovery as a Support Worker and support people to achieve their goals each and every day.
As a Support Worker for Discovery, you'll enable seven people, with Learning Disabilities, who live at our Supported Living Service to enjoy an independent life. Discovery Support Workers do not need prior experience in Health Care Assistant or Social Care roles as full training is given.
Activities Support Workers may be involved with include:
- Getting out and about into the local community
- Going swimming or bowling
- Lunches out at local pubs and cafes
- Attending discos at the Compass Centre
- Enabling independence by assisting with day-to-day tasks (this may include – but not be limited to – finances, shopping, cooking & personal care)
This role enjoys a great mixture of one-to-one time with the people we support and team work, allowing Support Workers to enjoy a supportive atmosphere while building fantastic relationships with the people we support.
The people we support choose what they want to do with their day, in your role as a Support Worker you will promote and encourage this.
Why join us?
- Full-time or part-time contracts available
- £11.03 per hour
- 30 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Supported ‘Learn to Drive’ scheme (up to 30 driving lessons, 1 theory/practical test - all paid for by us)
- We offer a salary advance scheme where you can access up to 50% of the money you've earned before payday.
- A 24 Hour Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family members.
- Life Assurance and Pension scheme
- Great Induction and training opportunities including the Care Certificate, and Diploma in Health & Social Care.
We want the people we support to have fulfilling lives and we want our colleagues to have great careers with us. If you would like to be a part of our team and feel that your values match ours, please apply by clicking the button below, or contact the Internal Resourcing Consutlant team 0300 303 9150 or drop us an email at email@example.com for an informal conversation about the role. Before you know it you could be making a positive difference every day.
This role requires an enhanced DBS Disclosure, which will be obtained for you by Discovery.
Discovery is an equal opportunities employer that values diversity and is strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment. Discovery are Disability Confident Committed and we guarantee to interview all applicants who let us know they have a disability and meet the minimum essential criteria for this role. Discovery has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees. As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application . Please contact the Resourcing Consultant Team on 03003039150 or email firstname.lastname@example.org