£22,662.65 Per Annum
Discovery is pleased to be seeking an Assistant Locality Manager to join the team at a Supported Living Home in the Street or Somerton area. With an anticipated start date of July 2022, this is an exciting opportunity for a Lead Support Workerlooking to take the next steps in their career within a not-for-profit organisation that are at the forefront of the personalisation agenda and active support.
Discovery is pleased to offer a competitive package for this full-time (37.5 hour) role, including:
- A salary of £22,662,65 per annum
- 30 days’ annual leave entitlement (including bank holidays)
- Access to discounts on high street shopping, cinema tickets and meals out
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Life Assurance
About the role:
This is a diverse and exciting role, some of your responsibilities will include:
- Support the Locality Manager with the smooth operation of the service, including rota management, reviewing and updating support plans and assisting with the recruitment and development of a team of Support Workers.
- Work with relatives, healthcare professionals and external agencies to ensure that the needs and interests of the people we support are met and upheld.
- Serve as a role model to a team of Support Workers, demonstrating excellent practices of support.
For a full list of what this role involves please read the attached Job Description
What will I need?
To be considered as an Assistant Locality Manager you will need:
- Experience of working with people with a wide range of needs - for example, autism and complex learning disabilities
- The ability to prioritise workload, manage your own time, delegate tasks and meet deadlines.
- Up-to-date knowledge of the personalisation agenda and Active Support provision.
- The personality to develop positive working relationships across Discovery – including the people we support, their families, internal colleagues and external agencies.
- Have or be willing to work towards a Diploma Level 3 in Health and Social Care/Leadership and Management for Care Services.
Applications will be shortlisted on receipt and interviews will be held until the post is filled.
A full job description and person specification is available on request
Discovery exists to help each person we support to live a fulfilling life, to be equal in society and to be active in his or her local community. That’s a big deal. It means being able to have choice and control in life. It means choosing to go out or to stay in, making friends and having relationships, finding and developing skills and interests. It also means managing a home, voting, staying healthy and being able to pursue employment or volunteering opportunities. If you think you can help the people we support get more from life, we want to hear from you.
This role requires an enhanced DBS Disclosure, which will be obtained for you by Discovery.
Discovery is an equal opportunities employer that values diversity and is strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment. Discovery are Disability Confident Committed and we guarantee to interview all applicants who let us know they have a disability and meet the minimum essential criteria for this role. Discovery has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees. As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in our offices using assistive technology.