Support Worker - Street
Apply now to start in January!
We are looking for Support Workers for our new development, ‘Apple Tree Court’ in Street. Apple Tree Court opens in September and will enable people with learning disabilities to have greater independence and to live the life they choose. The development will have 18 individual supported flats and bungalows, with state of the art assisted technology, in a lovely cul-de-sac within the community of Street. It’s a flagship development for us, and paves the way for our future plans, it’s new and it’s different and we’re putting together a great team to support it!
We are looking for people to cover various shifts from full time, part time, day and night shifts and relief to suit you, we’d also be interested in hearing from students looking for work experience. We offer fantastic benefits, training and a great team environment. You don’t need any previous experience, but you do need a caring and positive attitude and the desire to support our people in living their lives to the full.
We are looking for people who share our values and can support someone to have the life they want to live. Get involved with activities such as swimming, hobbies and interests, college or clubs and accessing the community visiting local places of interest. The people you’ll be supporting range from those with complex physical support needs and learning disabilities, through to those that are more independent and self-sufficient. We will work with you to match your skills to those we support. Most will need support with daily living tasks - cooking, cleaning, activities, personal care, medication and looking after their health.
Families and friends play a big part in their lives so we also require support with maintaining those relationships.
Established in 2017, Discovery (part of the Dimensions Group) is a Somerset-based social enterprise dedicated to ensuring that people with learning disabilities and autism have greater choice and control in their lives and are given a louder voice in society. We have ambitious plans to deliver the most effective and personalised support possible, ensuring that the people we support are the heart of everything we do.
For further information, please contact: Tia Keshwala - 03003039202
In return for your hard work and dedication, we offer ongoing development opportunities and the support of a great team, plus a range of great benefits including:
- £9 - £9.90 per hour (flexible hours).
- 30 days’ annual leave entitlement (including bank holidays).
- Supported ‘Learn to Drive’ scheme (30 lessons paid for by us plus your first theory and practical)
- Support to obtain the Induction & Care Certificate, progressing to Diploma in Health & Social Care.
- Pension scheme.
- Long Service Awards.
- Life Assurance.
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Discovery.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As disability confident leaders, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy.
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
- Support Worker