Support Worker - Somerton
We are looking for Support Workers at Bradley View in Somerton, at this particular location we support people with all aspects of their daily lives from getting up and ready for the day, helping with their daily household tasks to participating in activities such as joining in activities within the community, visiting places of interest, going out to lunch and swimming and the cinema. Family and friends are also important to the people we support and supporting them to maintain these relationships including visits to families homes. Because we like to be able to get out and about so much it is helpful if you are a driver and willing to drive one of our lease cars.
At this specific service we also offer an additional £1,200 per annum travel allowance.
We are looking for people to cover various shifts from full time, part time, day and night shifts and relief to suit you, we’d also be interested in hearing from students looking for work experience. We offer fantastic benefits, training and a great team environment. You don’t need any previous experience, but you do need a caring and positive attitude and the desire to support our people in living their lives to the full.
Established in 2017, Discovery (part of the Dimensions Group) is a Somerset-based social enterprise dedicated to ensuring that people with learning disabilities and autism have greater choice and control in their lives and are given a louder voice in society. We have ambitious plans to deliver the most effective and personalised support possible, ensuring that the people we support are the heart of everything we do.
For further information, please contact: Tia Keshwala - 03003039202
In return for your hard work and dedication, we offer ongoing development opportunities and the support of a great team, plus a range of great benefits including:
- £9 - £9.90 per hour (flexible hours).
- 30 days’ annual leave entitlement (including bank holidays).
- Supported ‘Learn to Drive’ scheme (up to 10 driving lessons paid for by us).
- Support to obtain the Induction & Care Certificate, progressing to Diploma in Health & Social Care.
- Pension scheme.
- Long Service Awards.
- Life Assurance
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Discovery.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As disability confident leaders, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy.
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.