Support Worker - Frome
We are looking for Support Workers at Colliers Court.
Based in Frome, we provide support to meet the needs of people living with learning disability and/or physical needs. Our domiciliary service provides support in people’s houses to ensure that they live the life they choose, including support with employment, being part of their community, living healthily and developing independence. Support could be helping with letters, bills and finances, assisting with shopping and household tasks, and some personal support.
Our day service hub based at Colliers Court currently provides life skill building, educational, social and leisure opportunities, as well as supporting activities in the community such as gardening and hydrotherapy.
We are currently looking to increase opportunities and activities in the community for the people we support, and need Support Workers who are caring, flexible and committed to make a difference.
If you think this is you, we would love to hear from you.
For further information, please contact: Tia Keshwala - 03003039202
In return for your hard work and dedication, we offer ongoing development opportunities and the support of a great team, plus a range of great benefits including:
- £9 - £9.90 per hour (flexible hours).
- 30 days’ annual leave entitlement (including bank holidays).
- Supported ‘Learn to Drive’ scheme (up to 10 driving lessons paid for by us).
- Support to obtain the Induction & Care Certificate, progressing to Diploma in Health & Social Care.
- Pension scheme.
- Long Service Awards.
- Life Assurance
We are looking for people to cover various shifts from full time, part time, day and night shifts and relief to suit you, we’d also be interested in hearing from students looking for work experience. We offer fantastic benefits, training and a great team environment. You don’t need any previous experience, but you do need a caring and positive attitude and the desire to support our people in living their lives to the full.
Established in 2017, Discovery (part of the Dimensions Group) is a Somerset-based social enterprise dedicated to ensuring that people with learning disabilities and autism have greater choice and control in their lives and are given a louder voice in society. We have ambitious plans to deliver the most effective and personalised support possible, ensuring that the people we support are the heart of everything we do.
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Discovery.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As disability confident leaders, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy.
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.