Support Worker - Castle Cary
New Year, New you, apply now, start in January!
We are looking for Support Workers at The Maples. This service is a bungalow set in Castle cary, where we support 6 people with profound and multiple learning disabilities, the philosophy of the home is to include and involve people in their lives as much as possible, we support with all aspects of daily living including personal care, financial support and health and wellbeing, we are situated close to the town centre and have a regular presence within our local community, linking in with local activities regularly, The maples is an active busy home where we focus on a relaxed homely environment that supports people to be who they are and to reach their goals and aspirations.
For further information, please contact: Tia Keshwala - 03003039202
In return for your hard work and dedication, we offer ongoing development opportunities and the support of a great team, plus a range of great benefits including:
- £9 - £9.90 per hour (flexible hours).
- 30 days’ annual leave entitlement (including bank holidays).
- Supported ‘Learn to Drive’ scheme (30 lessons paid for by us plus your first theory and practical)
- Support to obtain the Induction & Care Certificate, progressing to Diploma in Health & Social Care.
- Pension scheme.
- Long Service Awards.
- Life Assurance
- An additional £1,200 per annum travel allowance will be awarded to work specifically in this service.
We are looking for people to cover various shifts from full time, part time, day and night shifts and relief to suit you, we’d also be interested in hearing from students looking for work experience. We offer fantastic benefits, training and a great team environment. You don’t need any previous experience, but you do need a caring and positive attitude and the desire to support our people in living their lives to the full.
Established in 2017, Discovery (part of the Dimensions Group) is a Somerset-based social enterprise dedicated to ensuring that people with learning disabilities and autism have greater choice and control in their lives and are given a louder voice in society. We have ambitious plans to deliver the most effective and personalised support possible, ensuring that the people we support are the heart of everything we do.
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Discovery.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As disability confident leaders, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy.
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
- Support Worker