We are looking for Support Workers at The Old Farmhouse in Chard - we offer fantastic benefits, training and a great team environment and are looking for people who share our values and can support someone to have the life they want to live. You don’t need any previous experience, but you do need a caring and positive attitude and the desire to support our people in living their lives to the full.
The Old Farmhouse supports six complex individuals who have Autism, Sensory Processing Disorder and behaviours that challenge to live in their own person centred accommodation. They are non-verbal, require full support with personal care, as well as support to develop their independence and to communicate through different methods.
Each individual has different needs, but the majority enjoy going out in the community, attending the local day centre, local music and movement activity and going out for a drive. The people we support are looking for proactive, enthusiastic, engaging candidates to support them on a daily basis.
In addition to the above we support another individual within her own home, to support her in carrying out daily tasks, accessing the local day centre (which she enjoys), and with sleep ins.
Established in 2017, Discovery (part of the Dimensions Group) is a Somerset based social enterprise dedicated to ensuring that people with learning disabilities have greater choice and control in their lives and are given a louder voice in society. We have ambitious plans to deliver the most effective and personalised support possible, ensuring that the people we support are the heart of everything we do, underpinned by our values - courage, independence, partnership, integrity and ambition.
If these match your own values and you are a driver looking for a full time opportunity then apply now and upload a copy of your CV. For more information, please call Jenny (Resourcing Coordinator) on 0300 303 9202.
- The base contracted salary for this role will be £17,598.26 for full time hours of 37.5 hours per week.
- An additional £1,200 per annum travel allowance will be awarded to work specifically in this service.
- Daytime hourly rates are £9.00 per hour. Waking night rates are £9.90 and sleep in shift are paid at £30.50 per shift – with top up payment if applicable.
- An earn up to salary of £22,312.01 includes one sleep in shift and one overtime shift over a 40 week period.
- 30 days annual leave entitlement (including bank holidays).
- Support to obtain the Induction & Care Certificate, progressing to Diploma in Health & Social Care.
- Pension scheme and Long Service Awards.
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Discovery.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce.
- As Disability Confident Leaders, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy.
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
- Support Worker