We’re all here to make a positive difference to people with learning disabilities and/or autism in Somerset.
The Operational Administrator is based in Bridgwater and also covers our services across Somerset, and is a flexible resource to identified services by providing administration support to named Operations Directors and the group of services they manage.
The Operational Administrator role:
- To establish and maintain all appropriate records and filing systems on behalf of identified Operations Directors and the group of services they manage.
- To act as a point of co-ordinating the administration of different service priorities for services in the identified service group.
- To provide administrative assistance to the Operations Directors in carrying out his/her operational responsibilities and functions.
- To provide administrative assistance to the Operations Directors in relation to recruitment in liaison with the resourcing team.
- To undertake typing of letters, and other documents for the Operations Directors in the service group including documents relating to customers.
- To take and distribute the minutes of meetings as required.
- You may be required to provide administrative and secretarial support to other services in the region during holidays or emergencies. This could include working from another office for the period of cover.
Experience of working in an office environment is essential, and previous experience in a social care setting would be great, but isn’t essential. It’s really important to us that you demonstrate commitment to equality, the values of the organisation and personal growth.
Please refer to the Job Description for further information.
Why join us?
Discovery are committed to developing skills and rewarding our staff. We offer:
- A salary of £17,000 per annum (based on 37.5 hrs per week)
- 30 days’ annual leave entitlement (including bank holidays)
- Access to discounts on high street shopping, cinema tickets and meals out
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Life Assurance
Who we are
Discovery exists to help each person we support to live a fulfilling life, to be equal in society and to be active in his or her local community. That’s a big deal. It means being able to have choice and control in life. It means choosing to go out or to stay in, making friends and having relationships, finding and developing skills and interests. It also means managing a home, voting, staying healthy and being able to pursue employment or volunteering opportunities. If you think you can help the people we support get more from life, in a direct support or office based role, we want to hear from you.
So if you would like to be a part of our team and if you feel that your values match ours, please apply by clicking the button below - upload your CV and we will be in touch. You could soon be making a positive difference every day.
Interviews will be held on 1st October 2019 in our Bridgwater Office.
If you want more information or just an informal chat about Discovery and the roles we have available – please contact our friendly Resourcing Team on 0300303 9202 or drop us an email firstname.lastname@example.org
Discovery is an equal opportunities employer that values diversity and is strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment. As Disability Confident Leaders we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for this vacancy. Dimensions Group, which includes Discovery has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees.
As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.