We’re all here to make a positive difference to people with learning disabilities and/or autism in Somerset.
Are you an enthusiastic manager looking to take the next step with a leading not-for-profit learning disability provider in Somerset? If so we’re looking for a dedicated, inspirational leader to join our team!
We’re looking for a Locality Manager to manage and take responsibility for a selection of Supported Living services in Bridgwater. One of the houses supports five people who need some support with everyday living skills, going out and about in their town and surrounding areas. The second house currently supports 6 people with more complex needs to maintain their health and wellbeing, whilst also getting out and about – from theatre trips to horse riding! We also support two gentlemen in their own homes to live the lives they want. Based in the centre of Bridgwater, we are building great connections with local businesses and community projects.
If you have a passion and drive to:
- Ensure the people we support have a great life doing what they want
- Manage teams in a way that brings the best out in them
- Strive for excellence and take the support we provide from good to outstanding…
…then continue reading!
The Locality Manager role:
- Ensure personalised support is delivered that reflects the needs, wishes and aspirations of the people we support through person-centred care plans and health action plans that are regularly reviewed and implemented.
- Ensure person-centred care plans and health action plans are regularly reviewed and implemented.
- Ensure the health and wellbeing of the people we support, in line with CQC Guidelines and Discovery' policies.
- Deliver effective risk assessments and emergency plans to ensure the people we support are safe.
- Make sure your team are appropriately trained and motivated to provide high quality support.
- Ensure the service meets all organisational and statutory requirements and complies with CQC Guidelines and our own standards, policies and procedures.
- Make sure complaints are dealt with in line with our policies.
- Accountable for the budget and finance for the Locality.
- Able to support the organisation to grow the business.
- Develop local connections and partnerships to meet people we support be involved and engaged within their community.
Most importantly, you want to make a difference to the lives of people we support with learning disabilities or autism. To do that, you’ll have:
- A strong background in working with adults with learning disabilities and/or autism.
- Up-to-date knowledge of the personalisation agenda and Active Support model.
- Completed, or keen to undertake, Management Development training.
Beyond those qualities, you’ll also be:
- An excellent communicator, looking to mentor and motivate your team to provide person-centred support.
- Able to prioritise your workload, delegate tasks and meet deadlines.
- Focused on the needs of internal and external customers, from the people we support, right through to your team and other members of the organisation.
Why join us?
Discovery are committed to developing skills and rewarding our staff. We offer:
- A salary of £34,750 per annum (based on 37.5 hrs per week)
- 30 days’ annual leave entitlement (including bank holidays)
- Access to discounts on high street shopping, cinema tickets and meals out
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Life Assurance
Who we are
Discovery exists to help each person we support to live a fulfilling life, to be equal in society and to be active in his or her local community. That’s a big deal. It means being able to have choice and control in life. It means choosing to go out or to stay in, making friends and having relationships, finding and developing skills and interests. It also means managing a home, voting, staying healthy and being able to pursue employment or volunteering opportunities. If you think you can help the people we support get more from life, we want to hear from you.
So if you would like to be a part of our team and if you feel that your values match ours, please apply by clicking the button below - upload your CV and we will be in touch. You could soon be making a positive difference every day.
Interviews will be held on 4th October at our Head Offices, The Exchange, Bristol Road, Bridgwater, TA6 4RR.
If you want more information or just an informal chat about Discovery and the roles we have available – please contact our friendly Resourcing Team on 0300303 9202 or drop us an email email@example.com
This role requires an enhanced DBS Disclosure, which will be obtained for you by Discovery.
Discovery is an equal opportunities employer that values diversity and is strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment. As Disability Confident Leaders we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for this vacancy. Dimensions Group, which includes Discovery has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees.
As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.