Are you an enthusiastic manager looking to take the next step with a leading not-for-profit learning disability provider in Somerset? If so we’re looking for a dedicated, inspirational leader to take on a very exciting challenge, transitioning a residential service into support living.
We’re looking for a Locality Manager to manage and take responsibility for a service in Taunton, where you’ll need to project manage the redevelopment of our Saplings service into new bespoke supported living accommodation. You’ll also oversee the support and day to day running for the 8 individuals we support, at Saplings and in the community, enabling them to lead the lives they choose.
If you share our values in putting the people we support at the centre of everything we do; leading by example and providing excellent support to people with learning disabilities and autism, we’d love to hear from you.
Discovery works across Somerset supporting over 600 people with learning disabilities and/or autism and their families. We are a social enterprise, established in April 2017 commissioned by Somerset County Council to provide a range of care, support and accommodation, supporting people to be part of their communities and to have choice and control over their lives. We put people at the centre of everything we do and value everyone’s unique contribution – those we support, their families and our colleagues.
About the role
- Project manager the transition into supported living, creating an environment in which the people we support can flourish.
- Ensure personalised support is delivered that reflects the needs, wishes and aspirations of the people we support through person-centred care plans and health action plans that are regularly reviewed and implemented.
- Ensure person-centred care plans and health action plans are regularly reviewed and implemented.
- Ensure the health and wellbeing of the people we support, in line with CQC Guidelines and Discovery' policies.
- Deliver effective risk assessments and emergency plans to ensure the people we support are safe.
- Make sure your team are appropriately trained and motivated to provide high quality support.
- Ensure the service meets all organisational and statutory requirements and complies with CQC Guidelines and our own standards, policies and procedures.
- Make sure complaints are dealt with in line with our policies.
- Accountable for the budget and finance for the Locality.
- Able to support the organisation to grow the business.
- Develop local connections and partnerships to meet people we support be involved and engaged within their community.
Most importantly, you want to make a difference to the lives of people we support with learning disabilities or autism. To do that, you’ll have:
- A strong background in working with adults with learning disabilities and/or autism.
- Be willing to become CQC registered.
- Experience of managing residential or supported living services to include managing change.
- Up-to-date knowledge of the personalisation agenda and Active Support model.
- Completed, or keen to undertake, Management Development training.
Beyond those qualities, you’ll also be:
- An excellent communicator, looking to mentor and motivate your team to provide person-centred support.
- Able to prioritise your workload, delegate tasks and meet deadlines.
- Focused on the needs of internal and external customers, from the people we support, right through to your team and other members of the organisation.
In return for your hard work and dedication, we offer ongoing development opportunities and the strongest possible prospects, plus a range of great benefits including:
- 30 days’ annual leave entitlement (including bank holidays)
- Access to discounts on high street shopping, cinema tickets and meals out
- Childcare Vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Life Assurance
For more information visit www.discovery--uk.org/careers
If this sounds like the career opportunity you’ve been looking for, we’d love to hear from you. Please read the attached Job Description, which provides additional information about the role. Discovery are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support. Please note:
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Discovery
- Candidates will be required to provide evidence of their identity and eligibility to work in the UK
- As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Discovery has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- We welcome applications from people from Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic backgrounds
Click on the button below to apply and please ensure you upload a copy of your CV to complete the application process.